Wednesday 25 July 2007

Life Story

So, what's my story?

I Love My 70's Childhood

When my friend brought her treasured childhood stuff for the exhibition, it was great that I had the chance to listen to her tell me some of the turning-points in her life. What has happened earlier has certainly left an imprint on who she is today.

True North: Discover Your Authentic Leadership (J-B Warren Bennis Series)

At that time, I was reading the book True North and in it, the authors were saying that leaders find their true north from their life story. All of us have life stories, but these authentic leaders have reframed theirs and could draw a common thread in them that traced out their purpose in life.



Later, when I saw this wonderful slide presentation about the art of Eric Carle, it is so clear how his life story, especially his childhood in the midst of the world war, has influenced his work.

All this got me asking what my own story is. When I looked at what I have been trying to do with Pauseability, I cannot help but trace bits of my life experiences in it. As a good friend of mine exclaimed when she paused by, "Oh this is so you!".

I guess I continue to ask: so, what's my story?

No comments: