Saturday 19 May 2012

Bootcamp Assignment #03

My life seems to be far busier than I thought.

I made my way to the Singapore Art Museum after work on Thursday, hoping to enjoy one of the more traditional pieces. Sadly, that collection was closed for installation and all I was left with were entirely contemporary artwork which I found a little harder to enjoy. The myriad of medium and unusual aesthetics floored me.

On my way to the museum, I saw a pair of sports shoes on sale. As I was walking through the gallery, I was debating as to whether to buy it.

Since I could not find time for another gallery visit, I decided to look at Google Art. I liked Cathedral by Kupka.

Bootcamp Assignment #03
As I was thinking of my response, I suddenly thought of including those sport shoes (which I went back to buy! Haha!) even though it really made rather odd combination.

So, in the spirit of contemporary art perhaps, here goes.

Bootcamp Assignment #03
Really didn't like how the patchy and kiddy my colouring looked.

Bootcamp Assignment #03


This is the final piece.

2 comments:

Miranda Meeks said...

Wow very neat! Those colors are beautiful. Yay for experimenting! I like that you combined things from your day. Great job :)

Momo said...

Thanks Miranda!